Monday, March 25, 2013

What Am I Suppose To Do

What Am I Suppose To Do

What a great title for this relaxation in Simply, One Breath At a Time on page 24.

When I first started yoga and listened to the guided relaxations I didn't know much about them and I usually felt more like sleeping than being aware of what was actually being said.  I  wondered what this was all about and how to do it.

Dona Anderson
This relaxation comes from that place of not knowing, not being sure that day of just what to do or how to do it.  It first asks you to find stillness and breathe softly.  Then it says "Sometimes when you hear this you may ask yourself, what am I suppose to do, how do I do that ..."

I asked those same questions so it continues on to say "If this happens, just relax and let your breath take you there, let it be your guide as you soften and breathe..."

We forget how simple this can be.  Sometimes we get so wrapped up in other things we can't seem to let go or we want to make it difficult for some reason.  Sometimes we struggle with just letting ourselves take a well deserved few minutes to care for and notice our own self.

The relaxation goes on to bring awareness to and relax different parts of the body, bring awareness to and notice your surroundings, and it continues to guide you to bring awareness to and notice your breath.

What I didn't know at the time I started all this was that even hearing the same relaxation multiple times can bring up different things because each day is different and I am in a different place.  These guided relaxations have given me wonderful gifts and the knowing that the breath is our guide to the rest of our life ... 

Thanks - Simply, One Breath At a Time!


More book information available here



No comments:

Post a Comment