Tuesday, October 1, 2019

WELLNESS COMBO - How did you Score ?

Figuring it out ...


Dona Anderson
Subscribe to Dona Anderson by Email


I shared these 3 Wellness posts below with you in the spring. 

Link to Part 1, What does Wellness Mean
and part 2 & 3 take a look at 8 types.

It's good to review our life periodically as we often live in a kind of auto pilot mode and don't notice little changes that can add up.

While working on these 3 posts I found and signed up for a free online Wellness Master Class provided by Brendon Burchard.

loved it.

It was eye opening in many ways and the course went much deeper than the information I've shared in the posts above but these are a good starter to get us going and thinking.

He also had a few different words as headings for the self assessment in his training so the answers could be a bit different as well.

It's beginning to feel like the title of the Song - We've only just Begun.

What I especially liked in his course was how he presents it so that it all makes sense, feels honest and genuine for whoever you are and whatever your goals and life plans are about.

In the months that followed I've been reviewing my notes and other information I gathered.

Here's some of it.

To say the least, it has been a good experience and time for getting to know myself better in this Now time of life.

Brendon used words for things that can make or break our wellness like our Environment, Intentions, Clarity, Neglect, Dissatisfaction and more.

He went on the ask - are you Happy?

Telling us we need a Plan and to use Reminders.

It's good that you can write something and then delete it all because that's what I had to several times here.  
         Here's why -

I used to live by plans, a spreadsheet and reminders but over the years let some of it slide.

Funny how as you get older you think you don't need to wear a watch, check the calendar (ok yes now you can do all that on your phone) and then a year or two goes by and you look back and ask yourself - what did I do with the last year.

So I connected again to the mantra, Start Living from this post & Summer of Music song, My List.

While doing Brendon's self assessment I noticed my scoring on the a couple of areas was a bit low.

What's that about?

I first wrote about what I thought the reason was and then in looking at this again,

it was all wrong.

Here's what it really was -

First - missing several friends from their passing over our time here, and others moved out of the area in the last few years.

This connected me to most of what was missing - the visits, fun activities, adventures, conversations and lots of going out or home cooked meals together.

Then I connected to us not having our little motor home any more so more loss of adventures - the winter trips south, family visits, other trips and all the people you visit and meet.

Also a couple of years back My leg really bothered me for about a year. Then we lost of our West Highland White Terrier (Westie) girl Chloe. 

These 2 both put me in a kind of slump and getting out and walks didn't seem so fun anymore.

It's funny how a few changes over the years slowly start to add up and your whole world gradually & quietly becomes a different place.

Now that I know more about what to focus my attention on I'll be more mindful of how my days look and make plans that help me fill in the spaces.


It won't look like it did in the past.

But it can still be - Happy.

We have to keep being part of our Life as it changes ...


I'm very Grateful to those who provide all the online series to help us learn more about Cancer, Diabetes, Alzheimer's, our Brain, Wellness and lots more.


New - We were lucky and got another Westie Girl in the summer.

She (Kelsie) was having to be re homed and the breeder called to see if we'd want her -  YES and she's staying.

We don't know much about her first 5 years but she's happy and doing well with her new sister our Scottie girl Lucy.

that's it for today, Take Care.



Links for sharing and commenting below.

Together we're spreading Wellness around the World.

Thanks for your visit, 





💚  Let's keep putting wellness activities on our
 Calendar to give ourselves wonderful things to 
look forward to, even if it's just a hair cut.

(I always feel better after a hair cut)


PS. Hi, it's Oct 6 now and I want to add to this 
post that the other night when not sleeping I felt a
connection to this earlier Sep 10 Ted Talk post
and the story I shared in this one.




New post next week.



No comments:

Post a Comment