Thursday, June 2, 2011

Thanks for a Weekend in the Forest

It was another wonderful weekend at the Yoga Outreach Retreat.  A wonderful time for yoga, sharing experiences, spending time with friends and meeting new friends.

I had also saved 10 of the travelling books to take to this event, I wish I had more but they all went to good homes.

Sometimes it takes me a while to be able to relate what happens in such a place and I've been there 6 times now, but there is something always wonderful and kind of magical.  The place is full of great energy from the surrounding forest, mountains, the river, and the people who are all there for their own reasons.  I was asked in one class what the common thread was that brought me back, and I said each year I had needed something different, and each year I was able to get it. 

Year one, I was a new learner wanting anything I could get, writing all kinds of notes, the next year, I wanted to just absorb what was, another year I was carrying around unresolved grief, the next year, I wanted to be energized, the next time, I wanted connection, and this year, I wanted mainly restorative/healing that was found from a variety of classes and teachers.  I also wanted to meet up with friends that went there, and I met some great new ladies, enjoyed the nightly concerts, the food, and the wonderful time you get to spend in a forest.

Thanks so much to the organizers of this retreat and for the work done by Yoga Outreach.  I am glad to support your work by attending this fundraiser.  You make the event feel like a family reunion and I am so glad to be part of the family.  Namaste.

I'll be checking my mail next spring for 2012 retreat information.
http://yogaoutreach.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment