Wednesday, May 25, 2011

How to show our thanks to Oprah!

I'm like a lot of TV viewers that are wondering what will I do without the Oprah shows.

She has changed the world, and showed us all what one person can do.  A few years ago I sent her one of my books with a letter but then saw that they weren't accepting all the mail she gets.  I wanted to give her something to help her relax and to let her know we are listening. 

My letter thanked her and said how she continued to give of herself to us, to inform, entertain, and inspire us.  How she taught us to believe in ourselves, and that we can always start over and create our best life. I wanted her to know that I went on to do something I believed in.

She has given us so many gifts of ongoing inspiration, motivation, and encouragement to create and follow our own best life, and now we can show our thanks by doing just that.

I'm sure I'll be crying a lot as I watch the last show today, and my tears will be shared with those around the world.  But rather than tears of sadness, I believe they are tears of thanks, special memories, and joy that we were able to be part of and see this last 25 years of change and connection.

Thank you Oprah.

No comments:

Post a Comment