Friday, October 29, 2010

Last weekend

Last Friday night I went to hear a storyteller.  Her name is Hazel Lennox and she spoke at the Women's Resource Centre in Courtenay.  I really enjoyed it and loved how each story took you to another place and time.  I will definitely look for more of this type of entertainment to go to.   

I also enjoyed a music workshop last Saturday with Su Hart.  I went to her workshop last year and went again eager to sing more songs from Africa and share the joy of singing with a group of some familiar and a lot of unfamiliar faces.  It is so nice to go to activities where strangers can come together so quickly and be part of a whole.  We became a new choir for a day, singing harmonies, rounds, and different parts.

It was a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I know that story-telling is an art form in a sense. Though I am not a story teller per se your blog made me think about my son who enjoys his parents reading to him every night. I envy him being able to lay there and listen to the chapters of the story unfold.

    ReplyDelete