Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Spring is ... Blooming!

I’ve been enjoying our beautiful spring and my thoughts keep going back to the meditation I did for the spring issue of the magazine Island Gals. (See my post, Invite Spring In, dated April 19, 2013). 

 My mind keeps repeating the words in the meditation as I notice our changes happening, and the other morning when I woke up with the sun filling our bedroom with early morning light, I did smile.

Our backyard presently has 3 fruit trees in bloom along with other normal spring bushes and cherry tree showing off their flowers.  The garden has started and the tulips are just finishing.  The birds are singing every day and busy making nests, and we have several hummingbirds visiting.  The perennials are growing and filling in the flower beds, the grass is really growing, and it is so nice to go for a walk and see what is blooming in the neighborhood yards.

Last spring a storm broke a few sections of our fence along with the lilac tree and later we found one small baby tree growing that now proudly shows off its few flowers. The spring rains are warmer, we’ve gotten to eat outside several times, and if it’s sunny we often relax and read outside on the front porch in the afternoons. 

I am connecting to the present moment as I fill some of my time with learning how to play my guitar,  and I’m doing a lot of breathing while I do yoga and read the new meditations I’ve been working on. 

Each day opens up opportunities to receive the gift of noticing and connection.  I’m also enjoying those days when feelings and thoughts of simplicity, ease, calm and softness visit and I am going to leave some space and invite them to stick around for awhile longer. 

We are already enjoying the visual pleasures of spring and as we look at the fruit trees and gardens we are so grateful for the many pleasures and rewards that are still to come!

1 comment: