Tuesday, February 16, 2016

What does FREE Time mean to You?



Spare Time. Leisure Time. Time Off.


Let's take a look ...

Dona Anderson

Stay connected with new posts sent to your email
Enter your email address:



Dona Anderson

What's your Definition?


This has been on my mind for awhile so I thought I'd take a look.

It's one of those things that we're not sure how to use it or what exactly it means.

What does free time mean to you?  


Is it time that's Free? 

Did you have to get a babysitter? 

Is the activity you're doing FREE?

 
Other ways to refer to it is spare time, time off, no work to do, or leisure time.

 It could be break time, recess, intermission, time out, or what about suspension.

It's usually thought of as time away from work or school.  So are the household chores, shopping, family activities, hobbies, eating, sleeping etc all part of our Free Time?

 And I'm retired, so is all my time now free?

Another word we could use is pause or rest.  I like recess, break time, and intermission but they remind me that I have to rush to the washroom or gobble down a snack before returning to what I was doing previously.

My pick is ... I'm going back to pause and rest. 
Both of these let me know that in this moment of time nothing is required of me!

Are you really confused now?  


No comments:

Post a Comment