Tuesday, August 16, 2022

India Arie - I Am Light


I am Light. 

India Arie - I Am Light

Dona Anderson

Summer of Music
Week 7

Beautiful words to share this week.

Hi,  I hope all is well for You today. I found this inspiring song and immediately saved it for our Summer of Music posts. 

I thought the words were important for us to see, hear and feel when we're frustrated, stressed worried or sad so I've shared just some of the song below so we can start to say them when you need to, like a mantra or in meditation.

The video is wonderful. 

In listening, I felt like her voice was coming from a soft cloud overhead and the added voices of the choir brought all those feelings deep inside to build up courage and strength to be able to catch that light, to open up and let go of what you need to. 

Let's open those doors, windows and let the light in.

Have a listen and see which lines you connect to.


      


As I said above, this is just a few of the lines ...

"I am not the things my family did
I am not the voices in my head
I am light

I'm not the mistakes that I have made
Or any of the things that caused me pain
I am light

I am not my age
I am not my race, my soul inside is all light 
I am light"


PS. I don't know if I had heard this song before but I checked it out when I saw the title. 
Finding a mix of music this year has been really interesting and I hope you're enjoying the selections so far.  
All previous posts are in the Archives so you can visit or save them anytime.. 
Take Care - a couple more weeks to go.
Links for sharing below.
Bye for now.



Regular posts will resume in September.
I guess I have more work to do but music is never very far away.

Source: Musixmatch                                                     
Songwriters: India Arie Simpson
I Am Light lyrics © Guitar Girl Music Publishing

No comments:

Post a Comment