Monday, April 4, 2011

Bags of Treasure

What do you do on your Morning Walk?


Dona Anderson
Roots to Breath, Dona Anderson

On my walk this morning I gave a wave to a man I often see who walks and picks up papers, coffee cups, and other things along the way.  He has a huge smile on his face and a happy walk, one that moves with joy in each step.  I was just walking by myself, in and out of paying attention.

I met the man again a bit later as we were each travelling in different directions and he reminded me of lady we used to see in Edmonton walking very early in the morning.  She also had a bag to carry things she'd pick up.  She was happy, and always had a big smile and a warm "good morning."

They were cleaning up my neighborhood, and on their way here and back were doing the same in other neighborhoods.  They didn't get upset about the things people carelessly dropped or threw away, they were busy picking it up with a smile.

We often travel with a bag to bring home treasures of a trip and this is kind of the same.  They were seeing and experiencing more of their walk than I was, they were smiling, making a difference, and their body moved with ease to collect each new addition to the bag. 

Thank You,  Thank You,  Thank You!


Do you know of someone who does similar things to help others or where you live? 

Think about their kindness, generosity, sharing today and maybe talk about it with others and I hope if you get the chance give them a smile or a Thank You!


Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment