Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A Few Weekend Treasures

Summer brings us so many opportunities to enjoy ourselves. 

A weekend away brought beautiful drives and 2 detours to explore.

A parade and evening fireworks let us join the celebrations of a small town and its neighboring communities and watch how they come together to enjoy each other.  The most fun was seeing the smiles when someone saw someone they knew, or watching them just have unexpected unrehearsed fun!

A farmers market brought the sights and smells of fresh food, a chance to hear young musicians who will be famous one day, and a chance to join a wonderful drum circle full of life and energy.

Being late for the ferry gave me the opportunity to hear another musician singing and playing his music in the park  … I clapped, and he acknowledged me with a big smile.

A few days away gave the yellow rose time to have its first bloom as a surprise gift for my return home.

I think this weekend was all about doing, being, and certainly having more just because I got out.

No comments:

Post a Comment