Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A Rainy Morning

I felt like I was reading a page in my book as I sat out on the covered back deck early this morning with my tea.  It was raining a nice steady rhythm and I was listening to spa music.

Covered with a blanket, I felt so comforted and aware of my surroundings.  The sound of the rain mixed with the water sounds from the pond seemed part of the music I was listening to.  I focused on my breath for awhile and just let it be a time to breathe, relax, and enjoy where I was.

I looked around my yard and neighboring yards at the trees I could see and enjoyed all the different colors and shades.  Their leaves all seemed different sizes, shapes, and textures.  The flowers that are blooming right now are so rich in their colors.  The sky was a soft grey and seemed to be the perfect background, not dark like a storm was coming, this was soft, and gave off a fuzzy kind of feeling.

It is so wonderful when you don't have to go far to relax, breathe, and be aware.  This time it was right outside my back door.

No comments:

Post a Comment