Thursday, March 22, 2012

Celebrating Rumi…

Rumi ... A Celebration



Roots to Breath, Dona Anderson  

One of the winter courses I just finished was called Celebrating Rumi.  I had never taken a course to explore and discuss poems before so this was a new experience for me.  With age and experience, I am happy to learn everything has its time, and I’m very grateful my time came, and Rumi, was the poet.

Each class was very interesting to see how everyone in the group shared their thoughts, and how we saw and experienced sometimes very different things.  All our input was equally valuable, and it was a very comfortable, fun, and welcoming exchange.

Last year I had read a few of his poems and I found it intriguing how some of these 13th century writings felt as though they could have been recently written and that is why I wanted to learn more.  So I was quite thrilled when I saw this course being offered, and it has opened up another exciting door of exploration for me to pursue and enjoy in my future.

It was also fun to get poems off the Internet and watch You Tube videos of some of them.  Check them out, you may be surprised to find ones that speak to your soul.  

I will have another short post about the last class of this course coming soon, and for now I’d like to share these 4 short poems from Rumi with you that I keep going back to.  I also shared one of Rumi’s poems last year, see my blog post dated, June 26, 2011. 

Enjoy!

“I saw you and became empty.
This emptiness, more beautiful than existence,
it obliterates existence, and yet when it comes,
existence thrives and creates more existence! “  Rumi

“Be like the sun for grace and mercy.
Be like the night to cover others' faults.
Be like running water for generosity.
Be like death for rage and anger.
Be like the Earth for modesty.  
Appear as you are. Be as you appear.” Rumi

“That which God said to the rose, and caused it to laugh in full-blown beauty, He said to my heart, and made it a hundred times more beautiful.”   Rumi

“Humble living does not diminish.  It fills.
Going back to a simple self gives wisdom.
When a man makes up a story for his child,
He becomes a father and a child together, listening.”  Rumi


Thanks so much for listening ... Namaste.



Catch up with me on Facebook & Twitter

If you like this sign up to follow by email and 
below you can share or comment. 


Much thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment