Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Reiki and Reflexology !

Pieces to One of my Life’s many Puzzles.


Roots to Breath, Dona Anderson

Life sometimes gets a bit confusing and it is only later when we put the pieces together that it starts to make some sense.

I often say that I’m doing things I wouldn’t have ever imagined and two of them came to me through meditation, and were things I really didn’t know anything about, Reflexology and Reiki.

Reflexology came to me first. I knew it had something to do with feet but nothing else, so I checked it out and looked at where I could get training.  I was very surprised to find out that the trainer for the one I was looking at worked in my little town, and at the time was the trainer for Western Canada and parts of the US as well.  Who could have imagined that?

Reiki came to me several years later.  I had heard the word and thought they did it at spas but not much else.  So again I looked it up to learn more and to find out about training. Then I saw an advertisement in the paper for a free workshop for level one.  Unfortunately it was full, but the same lady was teaching a different workshop the day before that I was able to go to.  I mentioned to her that I had also wanted to do the Reiki workshop but it was full.  Later in the day she came to me and said there was a cancellation for the Reiki, and did I want to take that spot.  I was lucky again!

I guess this is about putting what you want out there, and seeing what comes back. Before, I only had questions about what other things I could possibly use my yoga room for, and this is what I got back.  Since then, I use both of these practices for  my own self healing, and I enjoy introducing them to friends and family to help them relax and to receive these wonderful healing benefits. 

I’m sure there will be more reasons why I was introduced to and then agreed to learn and use these healing practices, and those will be the pieces that eventually finish this very interesting puzzle.  

But, I think the most important piece was the one for listening ... without that piece, none of this would have ever happened!


Share this below

No comments:

Post a Comment