Sunday, December 15, 2013

Poem on Christmas Cards

Christmas Cards, here's the poem I referred to in my Dec 2, post.

Christmas Cards
I have a list of friends I know
all written in a book,
And every year at Christmas time
I op to take a look.
And that is when I realize that
these names are a part,
Not of the book they're written in
but of my heart.
 
For each name stands for someone who
has crossed my path sometime,
And in that meeting they've become
the "Rhythm of the Rhyme"
And while it sounds fantastic for
me to make this claim,
I really feel I am composed of
EACH REMEMBERED NAME.
 
And while you may not be aware
of any special link,
Just meeting you has shaped my life
more than you can think
For once you've met somebody
the years cannot erase,
The memory of a pleasant word
or a friendly face.
 
So never think that Christmas Cards
are just a mere routine,
Of names upon a Christmas list
forgotten in between.
For when I send a Christmas card,
that is addressed to you,
It's because you're on the list
of folks I'm indebted to.
 
For you are a part of the many
folks that I have met,
And you happen to be one of those
I prefer not to forget.
And whether I have known you
for many years or few,
In some way you have had a part
of shaping things I do.
 
And every year when Christmas comes
I realize anew,
The biggest gift that life can give
is meeting friends like you.
And may the Spirit of Christmas
that forever and ever endures
Leave it's richest blessings
In the hearts of you and yours.
(Author Unknown)

No comments:

Post a Comment