Friday, December 4, 2015

Who is Standing next to You?

What a Surprise!


I don't remember how it began ...

Dona Anderson

 
At the Winterfest Craft show last weekend I started chatting with the lady next to me about all the lovely homemade baby things she was making and selling.

I don't remember what started us talking about where we grew up.
 
Well you never know who is beside you.  


It blew me away!

She came from my home town. Born in the same hospital, went to the same public and high school and was only one year ahead of me. 

I don't know why I don't remember her as I would have seen her all the time and she grew up close by and knew everyone I remembered.  

We had great fun saying the do you remember this or that .... and most precious was she had later moved here and knew and worked with our friend of 40 years who passed this summer. 

The icing on the cake was the last day of the show she brought a year book from home and it was wonderful to flip through and see faces I hadn't seen since 1969.  

I moved away a few years later so I'm wondering now if I am one of those lost people they wonder about.

I never went to any reunions and  I'm not good at mingling but I did enjoy finding out where friends went off to and what they were doing.  (Luckily she has a great memory and still keeps in touch with others)

What a treat I had to relive those past memories, and meet someone I will see and talk with more.  

It's funny but I seem to be feeling a deeper sense of comfort and grounding this week.

Don't know what that's about!



 Do you keep in contact with your old school friends?


No comments:

Post a Comment