Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Find out how to - Feel your Beauty Strength and Power

Don't be afraid to be 

Still ... Relax ... Listen


I got my Yoga hat out for this post.

Dona Anderson
Be sure to get these weekly posts
Subscribe to Dona Anderson by Email


Our winter view of the Glacier

When I first visited the mountains as a child it was very EXCITING.

Growing up on the Canadian prairies had its own special beauty but this was very different. 

That first trip it was all eyes open and jaw dropping.

Which window do you look out of and looking forwards and back were different. 


I felt so tiny.

I've been lucky to see mountains in various places in the world and it's amazing they all have their own unique presence/look about them.

I still feel tiny but I also notice that whatever is going on in my life at the time, it all fades away and I'm left to only enjoy their beauty, strength and power. 

The mountains stand firm and tall in stillness.  They let go of whatever comes at them each day and over time create something magical. 

They let go of
whatever comes
at them each day ...

They change their appearance throughout the day as the sunlight, sky and clouds change and they proudly display the gifts of each season.  

They look close up one day and miles away the next. 

We the observers are always kept wondering, watching and admiring. 

I'm always sharing stories about how yoga started so much positive change in my life.  It opened me up to awareness, new passions, excitement, gratitude, change and wellness to my body, mind and soul.

I remember my forties with sad feelings as health wise I felt it was the worst time of my life.  I used to hurt everywhere and I remember how much life I lost.  
I remember 
how much
Life I Lost

Later over time I slowly was able to change a lot of it and I hope if any of this sounds familiar to you, that you too will find whatever it is you need. 

In yoga there is a pose to honor the Mountain called Tadasana. 

It's a pose we return to between standing postures that brings us back to creating a strong foundation.  It brings us back into balance with our breath and to feelings of awareness and confidence.

In Tadasana - WE stand tall with all our beauty, strength and power.

We establish a place to let go of what comes at us each day, a place to be grounded, and to connect with our breath while we remain alert and strong.

It’s a place to connect the mind and body as we open up to feel the aliveness within ourselves.

It's a place that reminds us we can always pause between things to find stillness and peace even when there is a busy life circling around us. 

And, like the mountain we to have survived what’s come at us through the seasons of our life, and we are always changing.

And, like the mountain we will continue to stand tall with all our beauty, strength and power, letting our observers ...

Wonder, Watch and Admire!         

***
My favorite version of mountain pose is a relaxed one standing up straight and tall with my feet hip width apart.

I allow the shoulders to roll back slightly, and place one palm on my heart center and the other palm above my waist.

Now we just Breathe and begin to feel a sense of calmness arrive letting any stresses and that busy life fade away - continue to relax and just notice each smooth, calm breath as it moves in and throughout your body.
Soften your eyes, your face and jaw...

Feel the breath move within the body,
listen to each breath, be present...

After a minute or two, start to feel your feet growing roots into the floor and your body lengthening up towards the ceiling.

Feel your whole body connecting as your lower hand connects you to your personal powers of self in the third chakra, and the upper hand on the heart chakra connects you to Love and Compassion.

When you are ready to end this pose, slowly change position and release from Tadasana.

Like the mountain, we are always changing and we to can create magic and shine brightly through our light each and every day.

Namaste.


You can also do a chair version of this pose.

Sit upright in the chair and place your feet on the floor hip width apart. (If your feet don't reach the floor, put a yoga block or books under your feet) Then continue to same method with your hands and focusing on your breath.

Have a wonderful Day.

Find lots more on my Facebook Page

Links to share below and check out
other posts below this or in the archives.

Thanks for your visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment