Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Are You feeling a bit Lost these Days?



one of my photo messages 

Listen to the words

of your Heart.

Many Gifts appear

from the Found


Thanks for your visit today!


Dona Anderson



Going back in time for this Story. 



Before I started Yoga I led a life full of routines - daily, weekly monthly and yearly. 

I took the bus to work and home and even though the ride home stopped at a grocery store, I never got off to pick up something.

I had to get home - to see if everything was OK, the kids, the dogs, the house and then get supper and the next days lunch started. 

Life seemed rushed, no spontaneity.

While our housework day changed as many times as there are days in the week, if something disrupted doing the chores on that certain day - you still had to do them and most days had something so that meant double up duties.

Only having about 4 hours or so when you got home went by very fast before bedtime and the start to the next day.  The weekends as you know were always busy too.

I used to go for lots of walks but I never really saw anything, missed little changes and even some big ones. 

My husband helped me get better at that but taking time to notice wasn't something I knew much about, learned or was taught when I grew up. 

Help is coming ... 

In this post I want to share with you the poem Lost and Found which I wrote after I finished writing Simply, One Breath At a Time. 

The book helped me grow and understand more about life, it guided me to make changes, be comfortable and the poem let me put it all together.

Through the practice of Yoga and my Writing about Breath, Body, Awareness, Connection, Gratitude and more I continued to learn about my needs, to feel and notice those parts of my life and health that were left behind, left unnoticed.

Luckily those valuable gifts of learning and growth continue throughout our life and in our later years we have the time to listen and respond.

Then as my second book came along it was time to share the poem in Moving forward from the Heart. 

An introduction and the poem are on pages 11 & 12. 


Now it's time to share the poem with You.

Go slowly and see what presents itself to you today and then ...

Pick one to sit with and see what you find.

  Lost and Found
    
"Lost myself – 
found out what’s important and brings me joy

Lost track of time – 
found the now in the present moment 

Lost imagination – 
found treasures, gifts, paradise, nature 
                  
         Lost comfort – 
         found softness from letting go, and smiling

Lost paying attention –
found myself choosing to be aware

Lost appreciation – 
found feelings of fullness from gratitude

Lost awareness – 
found time to see, hear, feel and connect

Lost my breath – 
found a nourishing breath flowing within me

Lost a quiet mind –
found that I can slow down thoughts and rest 

Lost peace – 
found a safe place for me to open up my heart"

© 2015 Dona Anderson
Moving Forward from the Heart
 Another post

Lost ...
Myself -Time - Imagination - Comfort -
 Paying Attention - Appreciation - Awareness - 
Breath - Quiet Mind - Peace


Did you relate to something?

PSI still love routines to keep me on track but now I can relax with them, appreciate them instead of feeling pressure and dictated to. 

Now they allow me to keep time and space for the good habits I want and need to follow my goals and wellness plans.

Have a wonderful Day.


Where in the World do we travel too?
See some below the picture.



New posts each Tuesday.
My free gifts of Wellness.

Also check out the Archives
over 600 posts.

The labels at the bottom of the page will connect you to other posts. 

Links for sharing below.

 


Here's where our Visitors this past week were from - United States, Germany, Canada, France, Netherlands, Poland, Russia, Ukraine, India, Japan, Luxenberg, Singapore, United Arab Emirates, Belgium,  United Kingdom, Portugal, Serbia, Sweden, Slovakia, & others.

Thank You & Take Care.

1 comment:

  1. It's interesting how we can look and act normal but what is normal. Do we all have our things that could be better, that we don't see about ourselves yet, that we don't notice or are aware of. If we can notice and change some of the little things will be bigger things get better too? I hope so. Take Care.

    ReplyDelete