Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Where did the time go - What makes your hours pass like minutes

 Here's a quote for us to think about ...

"What did you do as a child that made the hours pass like minutes? 
Here lies the key to your Earthly Pursuits."  Carl Jung


Hi & Welcome

It's that time of year for creating new memories and remembering some past ones, even maybe one of those You totally forgot about ... 

Those things we did as kids or later often came from Santa's delivery or other gifts you got for Christmas.


The books, bikes, dolls, paint kits, microscope skates clothes tools and more.

Did you make clothes for your doll and learn to sew.

Did you paint by number or learn on your own.

Did you ride your bike to check out the neighborhood or find new friends.

Did you get a musical instrument and learn to play or find out you like to sing or maybe start up a band ...

Did those tools create new hobbies or open up other opportunities. 

I still remember those toy trucks, wagons and tiny cars our son got and he's still driving - now big machinery.

I remember my daughter setting her dolls up to teach them something, she's still teaching.

Warning - You may remember lots of things and now have to go shopping.

PS. What are those things where time passes by for You, that doesn't feel like work even if it is ?

Gardening painting baking writing walking drawing pottery reading knitting playing music ... Share some of yours in the comments below. 

Have a great day and thank you for your visit.

Dona Anderson

Links for sharing with others below. 


💖This was one gift of many from a best friend 
so I make sure it's part of every Christmas. 

                                                           
New posts on Tuesdays.

Can't Wait - visit the archives.


1 comment:

  1. Weird to say this but I've been trying hard to come up with a special gift I got just for me when I was little but no luck. We usually just got a few clothes, socks, underwear hair brush - that kind of thing. As the youngest of 3 girls my toys were what my older sisters had grown out of. We got a few family gifts like a TV when I was 9 (always think of my oldest sister never having TV. Later we got a record player. Most of my memories are of Mom cooking the big turkey, setting the table and waiting for relatives to arrive. Then we got to listen to my Dad & Uncle having their yearly argument about something. It would probably have been a good idea to keep a journal over the years as even pictures get lost or deleted. I saw tis little message on Facebook, "It's not what's under the tree that matters, it's whose around it." Thanks for your visit. Have a great Day.

    ReplyDelete