Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Standing tall in your Mountain

Standing tall in your Mountain

 Dona Anderson


In case you missed this ending in my earlier post, Pages for you just to be you, I wanted to pull this part out and share  it with you.  I hope you will love it as much as I do and bring all its confidence, strength and compassion to your yoga class or group, or forward and share it with your friends.  

Dona Anderson
I am always sharing stories about how yoga started so much positive change in my life.  It opened me up to awareness, new passions, excitement, gratitude, change and wellness to my body, mind, and soul.  I remember my forties being the worst time of my life.  I used to hurt everywhere and I remember how much life I lost, and how I later over time slowly was able to change a lot of it.  I hope if any of this sounds familiar to you, that you too will find whatever it is you need and stand tall in your mountain.

*  *  *
In yoga we talk about awareness, being present, and how this benefits our lives.  I’d like to introduce you to Tadasana, a pose to honor the mountain.  It is a pose we return to between standing postures that brings us back to creating a strong foundation.  It brings us back into balance with our breath and to feelings of awareness and confidence.

In Tadasana, we stand tall with all our beauty, strength, and power.  We establish a place to let go of what comes at us each day, a place to be grounded, and to connect with our breath while we remain alert and strong.  It’s a place to connect the mind and body as we open up to feel the aliveness within ourselves.  It is a place that reminds us we can always pause between things to find stillness and peace.

Like the mountain, we to have survived what’s come at us through the seasons of our life, and we are always changing.

And like the mountain, we will continue to stand tall with all our beauty, strength, and power … and let our observers,
Wonder, Watch, and Admire!         
Namaste

My favorite version of mountain pose is a relaxed one standing up straight and tall with my feet hip width apart. Allow the shoulders to roll back slightly, and place one palm on my heart center and the other palm above my waist.  Be calm and relaxed so you can begin to release any tensions in the body and just notice each smooth, calm breath as it moves in and throughout your body. Soften your eyes, your face and jaw, and just feel, breathe and be present.  After a few minutes, start to feel your feet growing roots into the floor and your body lengthening up towards the ceiling. Feel your whole body connecting as your lower hand connects you to your personal powers of self in the third chakra, and the upper hand on the heart chakra connects you to love and compassion.


Please sign up to follow by email,
Enter your email address:


Thanks for your Visit!

1 comment: