Tuesday, March 24, 2015

It Got a Whole Lot Easier!

The Slope from Uncomfortable

to Comfortable



Finding Help for Yourself


Roots to Breath Wellness
Dona Anderson


The first time I went for massage therapy years ago I didn’t know what to do or how I’d feel after.  

Basically, I was a bit nervous and scared so this added even more stress to my sore back, shoulders and the rest of me.

The second time was better, and I knew it was needed, and that I was starting a wellness journey that would require a continued and perhaps a life long commitment from me. 

The third time I was excited to go

That allowed me to get more comfortable, relaxed and I was able to absorb & hold on to even more. 

Planting seeds for Change.

The beginning of the guided relaxation titled Peace Be Still on page 53 in Simply, One Breath At a Time, helps you to understand that even relaxation is a practice that develops over time.   

Here's how it starts ...

“Each time you think about relaxing, it becomes a little easier … your body starts of react sooner, to open, to sense the quiet, the stillness … your mind starts to let go of the thoughts, and move to the present moment …”

It goes on to connect you with your breath and then to release tension and stress throughout the body piece by piece.  

Have you heard something like this next part before?  

"Now let you face soften, your mouth, your eyes ... let your whole body soften as if it were melting in a spring thaw - gently, slowly, with the intention of renewal ..."

As I was writing this, I was melting too. 
Did you feel it ?

I'll end with this last message which sends you off into your Meditation 

"In this stillness you can find peace, 
you can hear your inner voice whisper,
peace be still ..."

Thanks for Sharing Wellness Moments
with your Family and Friends!
Links below.
Excerpts from Peace Be Still,
Simply, One Breath At a Time
by Dona Anderson © 2008

Visit the Page links above for information & Resources !

Post updated March 7, 2021



Hugs & Enjoy your Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment