Tuesday, January 26, 2021

A great Word for us to learn about.

 

Sawubona

Hi, how are You today? 


A special word for us to hear about today.

Dona Anderson


Sawubona 

This is an ancient south Africa Zulu greeting that's much more than just a Hi or Hello.

I first heard this word in a Ted talk I shared last year
and right away I wanted to know more.





Want to know more?

There're other videos and information you can google if interested. 

I wanted you to hear this word as perhaps it has a place in our life as we continue through this year 2021 and still feel the stress and loss of 2020.

PS - an oops happened a a couple weeks ago.  

I wanted to check this post out as it was up next and I hit something. 

I don't know what but the whole thing disappeared. 

All that was left on the preview was the sharing links on at the bottom of the page.

It reminded me of years ago at work we sometimes had the power go out and lost what we had been working on the last hour or more.

The remake never seemed to be as good, as I feel this one isn't, but I don't know what I said before, it's gone.  

Please take Care and have a good week ahead. 




Let's share this word with those special friends 
who will want to know more about it. 
Links for sharing below.
New post every Tuesday, 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sawubona. In this time of great loss I wonder if others are feeling the need to learn more about their family history. How much do we know about those past generations and what will be taken forward for the future ones. I recently got my results from one of the places and it's great to see pages of relatives but I wish I knew more of them. I had many great grandparents but I don't know anything about them. What was their story, what was their life about going back to Neanderthal times. I guess with so much loss we want to connect more, to feel we made it here for a reason. It's our time to be seen.

    ReplyDelete