Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Where do those lost things really go ??

 They're so hard to find,

and finally you have to give up or did You?

Dona Anderson

Subscribe to Dona Anderson by Email

It's not the little things like putting something in the wrong cupboard or putting the salt & pepper in the fridge on your way by. (Have You done that too?)

These were all different and important.

My husbands wallet.  

You immediately panic and your jaw drops.

My ID, credit cards ...

Where is it?

We searched the house.

He went back to the stores, parking lots ... no where.

Then after 3 days of worry I found it.  A black leather wallet upright against the back of the black leather chair. 

Just had to be at the right angle to see it. 

One of the kitchen sink stoppers.  

Not a panic but wondering & scratching your head. 

Waiting for it to turn up

Looking at each other thinking where is it.

Looking all around the kitchen, in the laundry room, under the sink garbage, basement, everywhere.

About 6 months later it was found.  Somehow it got into the pail for the compost bin and when emptying the bin for new dirt for the garden it appeared.

The cover for the hand vacuum. 

Can't use it now, nothing to hold the stuff picked up.

Ok, just where would that go - it was even placed back into its holder not noticing it was missing that key part.

We ended up buying a new one and months later the part was found under the basement stairs hiding in the dark among the boxes of who knows what. 

No idea how it got or was left there.

It's interesting how these things happen and how the loss affects you in different ways from panic to head scratching to being annoyed and thinking Who Did It. 

That's my story for this week.  

I hope all is well and continue to Take Care.

New post next Tuesday and thanks for sharing with others.

Links below.

PS. One day Years ago at work I looked down at my hand and my engagement ring was missing the diamond. 

Instant Panic, Fear then the Tears.

I was searching everywhere I had been, every part of my desk, crawling around on the floor and asking all my co workers to keep their eyes open. 

Nothing ... I guessed the nightly cleaners would vacuum it up.

Later in the day I opened one of my drawers and there was something on top of the binders.  It turned out to be my diamond but was upside down so no sparkles just looked like some dirt or something. Relief! 

Thankfully, it went back into my ring and 

it's still there all these years later


Kelsie says Hi

We all have these stories, what are Yours.

Share in the comments.






1 comment:

  1. Funny how our mind works. When I was writing this the main 3 things were on my mind. A few days later my diamond loss popped into my head so I added it in. I've never thought about this one for how many years, must be 35 years ago. I guess the reason was I was very stressed at the time but I soon found it. It didn't take days, months or years. Life must be like that also. It wasn't the value of the item it was the amount of time it was lost that kept it in my mind & wondering when it would turn up. I'm not sure what this means yet as I'm just thinking as I write it. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete