Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Santa's home safe

 The new year has arrived.

Dona Anderson

Welcome to 2022.

It's been crazy weather here and lots of other places so I hope this weeks post finds you safe and well.

The Christmas decorations are down and boxed up again which as much as I love them is always a joy to get it all put away and hopefully a little less each year.

These pictures are of what I have left of my winter bear collection plus a few others and they will stay on the beds upstairs for a few more weeks.  

My office/computer is up here so I like to bring my friends of many years out to join me.  

A few years ago a young family was visiting and the older daughter asked it she could check out the house - she was about 9. Of course and later she appeared and told me I had too may stuffy's  

To my amazement and defense I replied, I used to have More.


Her voice sounded like the the Mother hoping to let go of old stuff.  I also wanted to say You haven't seen my Christmas ones yet. 

It seemed that in past times of my life when I wasn't well or stressed out, seeing the teddies helped bring some comfort and the blankets fit in nicely with them. 

Glad I have spare rooms to decorate.

What are some of your collections? 


PS. I'm working on new posts for this year but somehow the time flies by so fast my few ahead are soon next in line.

Stay safe and warm. 

Looking forward to the days getting longer with the sun. 

Take Care. 



Stuck in the house & too cold and slippery to go out the mind starts to wander.

SO

I got the dish on the left as a gift. It's actually a candle and smells lovely so for FUN I copied it and made the one on the right with yogurt, orange slice, strawberry & a couple of bay leaves.. 

Candle still safe in kitchen window.

 I had the yogurt the next morning for breakfast

 minus the bay leaves.

Before You go check out the link below.

Here's a post from a couple years ago with beautiful guitar music that I love and hope You will too.  

1 comment:

  1. With the holidays over the calm and quiet returns to even quieter days as covid restrictions in place again. I'm glad I keep exercising with You Tube most days and I need to get back to my music which I've been saying for a few months now. I guess what's important is to stay positive, healthy and looking forward to the future. Glad the snow is melting and the green grass appears to welcome the sunshine. Take Care.

    ReplyDelete