Tuesday, May 1, 2018

I finally admitted it ...

Finding our Own Way


And, along the way - have FUN

Here's some questions I asked of me ...

Dona Anderson
Subscribe to Dona Anderson by Email


What are you good at?



What comes easy to you?



What can you still do when you don't feel well?




The stages of our lives change and the answers to the questions above would change many times.

I've been trying to connect back to some of the pieces to see how I ended up here.

Writing & sharing Wellness


In my past I never thought I had a creative bone in my body. I even remember at a job interview when asked about creativity I didn't really have a good answer.

Often we don't think about the things we know how and do normally, or practice and work on as being anything special. It was later on when looking back that I discovered I could have answered that creativity question better.

I guess I didn't really know what creativity was...

When I was little things like knitting and sewing were just part of home life, things we learned to do so we had clothes to wear. Cooking & Baking was so we had food to eat. Then there was the chores, dishes, ironing, yard work and house work.

Homemade stuff was cheaper and I remember the odd time we'd get store bought something and think it was the best thing ever.

I don't remember seeing hobbies people did just for enjoyment of the craft, someone's passion or just for fun. 

Many decades ago I used to sew my dresses and pant outfits for work, have dinner parties and baked lots. I made jewelry, teddy bears, Christmas stockings and other stuff.  I even thought about writing a recipe book.

Funny how I still didn't see anything special in any of that.

Back to the Writing and sharing Wellness. 

Yoga started it all.


My sore back, legs & hips, IBS, and surviving through my late 40's and all that came with it led me to Yoga.  A lunch time class at work was a lifesaver.

It didn't take long for me to notice that I started feeling better and different.

It was a couple of years later just before we moved here that I decided to put learning more YOGA on my to do list and also to try teacher training so I could help myself more.

The universe responded when I asked a lady at a shop in town if she knew any yoga teachers and she gave me a name.  At my first class I asked about teacher training and she said she was learning to be a teacher trainer.

So that was that.  A few years later I had my Certificate.

Along the way I thought I'd like to share yoga with others and cleared out a room.  I knew there were others like me who hurt all over, needed gentle yoga and I wanted to help.

That's when the wellness writing started - out of necessity to use in my class as I couldn't find a book to use.  A few years later and really enjoying the writing, I declared that I'm writing a Book for people to have in their homes or for wellness centers.

I haven't forgot about the questions I started this post with ... so back to them and they are answered in the NOW.

What are you good at?

Whether I'm good at it or not the computer lets me play with words, my camera lets me take pictures and over time it gets better.  It's fun for me and my way to help others and I love knowing that people from all over the world visit my blog.


What comes easy to you?

This type of writing for some reason came easy, and I like to collect words and thoughts that become triggers for me to think of something or use as fill ins. 

I like editing and changing things through the writing process.  Sometimes I feel it is never finished as changes can always be made and that's OK, that's what gives me something to do tomorrow or the next day.

I'm not good at reading and to get through a story book is often hard and takes forever. This is comfortable because I can change anything to fit the day or time available.

Getting ideas for new posts so far has been OK.  I often feel like an artist creating new pictures - there's always a new view to explore.

What can you still do when you don't feel well?

This may seem like a weird question but for me has been huge.

My writing fills time in my good days and in those off days it has been my savior.  It takes my mind off of what is wrong, invites me to breathe and gives me something special and worthwhile to focus on.

I'm so lucky that I have this to do.

I can't be grumpy, sad or mad when I write so it always keeps me in a positive friendly place. It became my healing gift to myself.


What would be your Questions?




Thank you for helping me pass on my Dream by following and sharing to help others. 

Get lots more when you Follow my Facebook page

Get weekly posts for everyday Wellness Subscribe to Dona Anderson by Email

Links for sharing below.


Next week a Thank You for a Thank You.


No comments:

Post a Comment