Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Looking after Ourselves in a Changing World


Self Care,

One of our most important Jobs


Dona Anderson


But often it's the last on our List.


Taking care of ourselves is one of the best things we can do for ourselves, our family, friends, neighbors our co workers and those we meet when we're out living our life.

We can't give to others what we don't have whether it's love, kindness, respect, peace, time, happiness, help, compassion, smiles or our being healthy ...

Hanging out with our Friends
I had a bad cold back in February that took me out for over 3 weeks.

While I was stuck at home I missed my friends at Tai Chi on Mondays,  Guitar on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and my Cello lesson on the Sundays.

I didn't only miss them but they wondered where I was as well.

The Hi's & how are you's, the little jokes, the smiles, thank you's and the goodbye's affect us all. 

We all want to see each other the next time.


A few weeks later the coronavirus started to arrive in this part of the world and life was changed. 

The World was changed. 

Thankfully quickly came the closures, distancing, isolating and staying at home.

While I'm safe at home I could be doing the spring cleaning and other projects that get put off but I don't. 

Right now, the cleaning and projects don't seem important.

It's hard not the think of all the people affected in so many ways from loss of lives to loss of jobs and pay, to all the work of the Health Care Workers, and the many many others involved to keep us safe, informed and supported.

A friend asked me a few weeks ago if I thought the isolation and limited contact with others would help us come together more after it's over. 

I don't know the answer but, I hope so.   

In the beginning we'll all be happy and excited to get out again but later, when a different normal settles upon our life - will we be more kind, communicative, friendly, welcoming.

Or will there be a holding back, a wondering of what's next, a feeling of carrying another Stress around on our shoulders ...

I can only feel right now that whether it's at work, chatting with the neighbors, being with family or out at activities that we all need those personal connections and we'll need even more help, kindness, understanding, gratitude, support and love as the whole World grieves.

We do need to be with and see others - know they care, we care, that we're welcomed, they're welcomed, we're missed and they're  missed.

We all need to see those smiles and acknowledgments that let us know we need each other.

Please let us get back together and no one is missing.

My hope is that we will come to a greater understanding that this World is home to all of us - and a lot of changes to support all life and this planet are greatly needed. 

Please stay safe and well to help the Helpers

Thank You to the Health Care Workers, 
and the many others around the World 
who are working very hard to
help keep all of us safe and supported.  
💚


Often from disasters there comes new discoveries, learning, ideas, leaders, changes in medicine, standards, response and recovery, new friendships and other things. 

 Let's hope many come from this. 



Let's all relax for a few moments and sing ... 
I can hear all your beautiful voices. 




New post every Tuesday.

Links below for sharing 



1 comment:

  1. Do you Hum - I'm going to start doing it more often. I looked it up and found that it has many health benefits such as lowering Stress Blood Pressure, & heart rate. It relaxes the face and neck, calms the nervous system and more. I'll be like a Bee and humming. Take Care!

    ReplyDelete