Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Is Dad having a midlife crisis? -


Laughing with Mary

Is Dad having a midlife crisis? - 




As the kids after one parent passes it's a time we focus on the one left and try to help them with the changes and figuring out what they need to support themselves.

I'm sure a lot of parents now both support the family daily life, meals, shopping, laundry commutes etc. but years ago it was mainly only the wife/mother who was home every day to handle it all.

Thinking back, I don't have any memories of Dad helping with meals, dishes, shopping, laundry, or house work. If not he had a lot to catch up on when Mom got sick and later passing.

My 2 sisters and I lived far away with jobs and children, so I'm sure he had his moments and frustrations.


While I thought the question for the video was a great one, I also was reminded of when Dad started going to a seniors dance night and thinking negatively he never took Mom out.

While there he met a lady he knew from years before that was also widowed and later took her dancing and they went out to supper most nights.

Again, he never took Mom out to for supper.

While I understand his need for companionship I know Mom would have liked the attention of an occasional Date Night to have fun, or a break from cooking the meals every day.

How do we figure it all out?


New dating is important - but can't there be an old married couple time to go out and have Fun ?

A time to remember how and why you fell in love that has lasted through the years.

As time went on we really did appreciate that he had a friend to spend time with. talk to, watch TV with and look after each other.   


PS. I don't know how this happens but a cute video like this one sent me in a different direction. 

I guess that can happen more often then we think with our feelings and words coming from a deep place, a place that may not even be related to what's going on in front of us.

Going forward I think more planed date nights and having fun together while you can is important and helps everyone. 

We often spend a lot of time on work and the daily things and forget to plan those special times that make memories of times well spent.

We're never too old ..



Take Care, & bye for now.

New posts on Tuesday and over 700 in the 
Archives to view, save & share at your leisure.

It's May already.  
The year is going by fast.


I guess putting our thoughts on paper helps to release and soften some of those inside questions and emotions.  

Sometimes, it just takes a few weeks.

Take Care.

Links for sharing below.                                                  

Dona Anderson



No comments:

Post a Comment