Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Lost and Found, Poem

Dona Anderson


10 Ways to feel Lost!

Dona Anderson
 

Stay connected

Subscribe to Dona Anderson by Email

Have you felt LOST?



I wrote the following poem, Lost and Found, shortly after I published my first book, Simply, One Breath At a Time.

I needed to write something about what the 65 guided relaxations/meditations in this book meant to me - what I saw, thought, felt, experienced and most of all, what I found in its pages.

After reading each of the relaxations in the book many times through its creation and in using it since, I am still very grateful for all the things they continue to bring to my life.

I hear whispers for change, growth and I am reminded about all the wonders of life that are found in the breath, nature, treasures, gratitude, stillness and so much more.  Namaste.


Lost and Found

by Dona Anderson

Lost myself
 Found out what’s important and brings me joy 

Lost track of time
 Found the now in the present moment 

Lost imagination
Found treasures, gifts, paradise, nature 

Lost comfort
Found softness from letting go, and smiling 

Lost paying attention
 Found myself choosing to be aware 

 Lost appreciation
Found feelings of fullness from gratitude 

 Lost awareness
Found time to see, hear, feel, and connect 

Lost my breath
 Found a nourishing breath flowing within me 

Lost a quiet mind
 Found that I can slow down thoughts and rest 

Lost peace
 Found a safe place for me to open up my heart. 

~~~~


Photo for post only.

* Previously, Bonus page #7
** What's on the Bonus Page now!!


This poem is in my upcoming book, 
Moving Forward from the Heart.
Check out the label below Moving Forward for more previews!

You can share with others at the links below, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment